This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 35 Text Message Notification Stopped Working

My Forerunner 35 no longer gives notification alerts for incoming text messages. I still can get incoming calls and FB messenger alerts. Here's what I've tried:

Verified notifications are turned on in my Samsung S6 phone.
Watch is paired with smartphone.
Tried powering down phone and watch several times.

One thing I have recently noticed is that when I power down my watch the screen does not go to a totally black screen. The screen stays white. Is this normal for a power down?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick
  • Problem solved. I had the text notification sounds turned off in my phone.
  • I'm having this same issue, went through all the same steps including what fixed yours with no change. Running Apple OS.

• Same - I get all notifications except for text messages to my watch. Any idea how to fix?

• Garmin sent out some troubleshooting info that worked. 

• Can you post those troubleshooting tips here?

• Won’t send me texts

• This is the response that Garmin has been posting for notification issues with iOS.

Assuming that you are on iOS 13.0 or above check the following settings:

1. From the iPhone select Settings

2. Select Notifications

3. Next to Show Previews you must have either Always or When Unlocked chosen to see any kind of notification on your Garmin device. This is an iOS 13 setting required by Apple to display notifications on a Bluetooth paired device.
    4. Under NOTIFICATION STYLE select the app you want to configure (e.g. Messages, Mail, etc.)

• To SEE NOTIFICATIONS for a specific app on your Garmin Device confirm the following:
        1. Under ALERTS,  check Notification Center
        2. Under OPTIONS Show Previews is set to either Always or When Unlocked

• To DISABLE NOTIFICATIONS for a specific app on your Garmin device confirm the following:
        1. Under ALERTS, uncheck Notification Center
          • NOTE: This will also result in notifications no longer appearing in the phone's notification center.