This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupted .fit files that won't upload to Garmin Connect/Express

Hey there--similar issues to others here where my last few activities are apparently "corrupt" and cannot be uploaded to Garmin Express/Connect. They are attached.

Is there any way to prevent this in the future? Don't want to constantly have to manually fix them...

Thanks much!
  • Both files had small amounts of corruption, a couple thing that can cause corruption would be really low battery and a device that has a lot of activities saved on it. Temp files on the device has caused me issues before I believe they are .tmp files just cant remember the folder they are in. Here are your two files.

Bart
  • Thank you! I'll make sure to charge my battery and delete past activities. I've had this watch for almost 9 months and never had an issue but good to know.

Much appreciated :)
  • So deleted all activities and charged my watch and went for a run today, and AGAIN the file seems to be corrupted (invalid file, see attached). What's going on here?

Do I need to do a hard reset on my watch? Or is this just a software issue that Garmin needs to fix on their end? I obviously can't/don't want have to fix every corrupted file (or have the nice people on this forum do it for me).

I've seen a few other threads on here with people that have similar issues recently, which makes me think I might not be alone...

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
  • Hi -- jumping in on this thread because this "corrupt file" problem happened with my last half-marathon... which is an activity I would really like to keep! The file is attached. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • txrunner,

Give this a try :)

Bart
  • So deleted all activities and charged my watch and went for a run today, and AGAIN the file seems to be corrupted (invalid file, see attached). What's going on here?

Do I need to do a hard reset on my watch? Or is this just a software issue that Garmin needs to fix on their end? I obviously can't/don't want have to fix every corrupted file (or have the nice people on this forum do it for me).

I've seen a few other threads on here with people that have similar issues recently, which makes me think I might not be alone...

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

This file will not load at all, I'll ask the developer of this tool and see if he can give me any info.
  • Awesome! Thank you so much!
  • hi CMMrunner,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike
  • Thanks all! So I restored the default settings on my Forerunner 35 and that seems to have fixed the problem for now (for anyone else having recurring issues)!
  • 1. Plug it into the computer and import the .FIT file on your Dashboard on the Garmin site.
    2. Once everything is sync on website, I delete all my .FIT files on my watch. What for keep it there?