This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 30 keeps changing units to miles

Hi, garmin connect (both mobile and web app) says that default distance unit is kilometer. But watch keeps switching to miles (while garmin connect says kilometers). Syncing doesn't help. I have to change it manually on watch and it sticks for a while and then suddenly it is back to miles...
  • Hi Novotny,

That seems like the question I asked last week.

Go to the watch settings in your app and check for the unit options there. The app overwrites the watch's settings each time it syncs.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Peter
  • Same issue on my FR30 (updated to the latest version, same with the Connect app) - I suspect the issue might occur due to the fact that I can't change the distance unit from Miles to Kilometers in the Device > General menu (I can select KM, but it just reverts to M the next time I reopen the General menu), even though in every other menu I have set the unit to metric and in every other case it works perfectly.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the issue, I'd be grateful.
  • same problem for me with my 35
    hope garmin will fix this
  • Same problem. Garmin Connect shows everything in km or min/km or km/h, but the Forerunner 30 watch does not want to switch to kms. The distance is actually in km in the watch, but the pace remains in min/mile.
    Device firmware version 2.20
  • I still have this problem, my forerunner 30 keeps showing minutes/miles but i want minutes/kilometer. I checked all my settings on the watch/App en online.Is there a fix?

Best regards,

Peter

• Garmin has known about this issue for almost 3 years, and refuses to fix it. I have contacted them about this many times, they say they know about it but cannot say when it will be fixed.

• I'd like to suggest freeing up disk space by deleting old fit files in the activities folder. These watches don't have much free disk space.

• It's maddening. I'm seriously exploring other options now.