This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

forerunner 35 stays on miles instead of km

In sytem>units I have set my forerunner 35 to kilometers. In bike mode I have set fields page 1 to Distance, heart rate en Speed.
I have set Pace/Speed at speed.

Distance is correctly at kilometers, however Speed is in miles/hour. I was doing 16 kmph and my watch said 10. So I knew it was in miles per hour. How can I make sure that it changes to km?

In the connect app all the settings are km aswell.
  • I had the same problem. In my case, setting unit in Miles on my watch, saving it, then went back to the settings, on my watch again, and setting unit back to KM and saving. It did the trick and worked for me.
  • I had the same problem (very frustrating) and thought I'd changed everything to kilometres without any success.
    I then found another field to change. Try going into Settings/Activity Profile/ Run Outdoors/Alerts on the App and change the distance alert from miles to kilometres. This worked for me and it's been okay since.
  • Same here. Everything set to km, but data field 3 set to pace always displays in miles. I just completed a run where my average pace was 4:56/km according to Strava and the watch showed the run summary as 4:56/mi !!! During the run it was displaying 1km lap times in min/mi. I hope this is fixed soon as it is a bit annoying.
  • Success!!! Garmin support gave me the following instructions and it worked (Sync first). N.B. i had to update as there was a slightly newer version so i couldn't reinstall the same version.

Install WebUpdater: https://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp
    • Then follow the prompts after the WebUpdater application is installed.
    • Once installed connect your device to the computer, you will see the below screen. Please connect your device to the computer and click on ‘Find Device’
    • Once device has been located it will appear the device box. Proceed by clicking ‘Next’
    • Please note the device below is an example only and does not reflect your correct model.
    • Please select ‘Reinstall the same version’ then click ‘Next’
    • Continue to follow the prompts until you see this download screen
    • Ensure not to interrupt or remove device during the download as this can cause the software to corrupt and the device to be unusable.

Master Reset

Please note that the master reset will erase all user associated data on the device and reset the device back to factory default settings. Please back up any information or sync activities if able prior to this step to avoid losing any data/activities.

Select  > Settings > System > Restore Defaults > Yes.
  • I have a similar issue where connect and the app says Kg for weight, but the watch shows pounds.
    Think they have a bigger issue with units than first thought
  • has this been solved yet? it's distracting to do math while i bike ride
  • On Watch: 
    Settings-->System-->Units - Set to kms

On Garmin Connect Website: 
    Devices & Sync Icon (upper right) --> Forerunner 35 (Device Settings) -->Activity Profiles-->Run Outdoor

Enable "Alerts-->Distance-->1 km"

Save & Sync your watch, either via phone app (mobile) or garmin express (PC)

Verify last sync time in Garmin Connect Website (Devices & Sync Icon) to ensure it got the new settings

• THE SOLUTION:

PRESS AND HOLD THE HOME WATCH FACE - SCROLL DOWN TO SETTINGS - SCROLL DOWN TO SYSTEM - SCROLL DOWN TO UNITS - CHANGE FIRST TO OPTIONS (DISTANCE, PACE/SPEED)

When you change the units on garmin connect app it does not auto update your pace/speed to update... not best user interface practices garmin... hire me?

Jay

• Thanks so much!  I just bought a forerunner 45 3 days ago and had the exact problem.  I had selected metric in the set up on garmin connect but although my distance was calculated in kms on my device, my pace was still in miles. I went to the settings on my actual watch and then sync to garmin connect and problem solved!

• I did the same, but had to change my watch face for it to update and change to Kms