This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete sync

Hi My FR35 synced seamlessly without error but when I check the activity on Garmin Connect on my Galaxy S8 it synced only the steps without recognising the actual run's metrics like time, distance, route, etc. The device shows the run summary but no lap details. But I saw every single lap/km time during my run, they just disappeared after saving the activity. I tried reinstalling, logging out to know avail, please help.
  • Same problem here. First run synced, second run didn't, 3rd run did.

What's the deal here? This issue seems to have been being reported on multiple Garmin devices since 2015. You'd hope it would have been fixed by now!
  • connect.garmin.com/en-US/status
  • I have the same problem - its happened twice and the same each time. My 'warm up' run will sync, but the second main run wont sync. I've tried connecting the watch to the computer but just get the error message as shown in the attached photo. The run shows ok on the watch. Any ideas?ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1313650.jpg
  • Try manually taking the file off the watch then deletingoff the watch. Then run the file through the fit file repair tool and manually uploading via the Garmin Connect web.
  • Thank you, where can I find the fit file repair tool? (sorry a bit new to all this, so apologies if its simple and I've missed it).
    Thanks
  • If you connect it to your computer you can try to manually import the fit file from the link on the full page list of activities in web connect. You can try it without repairing. If that doesn't work then repairing would be necessary.
  • I found an online fit file repair from another thread which has worked, although I have no map data showing in Garmin Connect. But at least I have the runs logged which is great. Thank you all for your help. Do you think it is a software version issue? I was running 2.70, but have now upgraded to 3.2 so hopefully it may just be a glitch.
    Thanks again.
  • Delete the bluetooh connection in your phone and start it again... it works for me in iOS
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    If you are on the latest firmware (version 3.20) and seeing an issue where data is missing or not all activity files are syncing, post the .FIT files here so we can investigate this further.

For direct assistance you can also contact your local Product Support team.
  • If you are on the latest firmware (version 3.20) and seeing an issue where data is missing or not all activity files are syncing, post the .FIT files here so we can investigate this further.

For direct assistance you can also contact your local Product Support team.

I've got this problem, have the latest firmware, and my activity isn't syncing (though the steps from the activity are). As requested, file attached. Please help. It was a pretty epic race and I don't want to lose the info!