This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sync issue

I've read through previous posts and can't find an answer and tried contacting Garmin support direct and no response.

Previously the Forerunner 35 connected and synced seamlessly with the app on my android phone.

A week ago it said no app connected and would not sync.

I disconnected the watch from the phone and tried to re-connect via blue tooth and it just goes around in circles saying ready to pair, the phone finds the watch, the watch provides a code and before I can finish entering it the watch returns to "ready to pair".

I have tuned the watch off, done a factory re-set, un-istalled and re-installed the app and the tried to connect to a different phone all to no avail. The watch does sync via cable to the garmin express on my PC, but not all data gets synced (steps for instance does not get recorded).

The blue tooth symbol also seems to have disappeared from the watch face.

I think that the watch might have recently updated to 3.20, but not 100% on that.

Anyone any ideas?
  • Note there is a problem with Huawei phone and Garmin watches. Lots of posts about it. Look in the FR735 thread for a possible solution which is turning of location services on the phone I believe.
  • Just got this feedback from Garmin as I requested to be kept informed (through twitter) :
    Dear Customer,

According to our records you’ve contacted us regarding connectivity issues with your Huawei phone and Garmin device. Please know that this is a very high priority issue for us and that we have escalated this issue to Huawei Engineering. We’ve recently been pleased to hear that their team has identified the solution to the problem but that it will require an update to your Huawei phone. We have requested an expedited release of this fix, but unfortunately at this time do not have a commitment from Huawei as to when this fix will become available.

We’ll be sure to keep you informed as soon as any additional progress is made on this issue.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Garmin is aware of an issue with Huawei model phones where Garmin devices will not pair with our mobile apps. Huawei Engineering has identified the solution to the problem which will require a software update to the phone's operating system. We have requested an expedited release of this fix, but at this time we do not have a commitment from Huawei as to when this fix will become available. (last updated on 01/08/2018)
  • I've upgraded my Forerunner 35 to the 3.30 firmware. The changelog say just "Improved Bluetooth connectivity with Huawei phones." (https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-35-aa/1319677-forerunner-35-software-update-version-3-30-now-available).
    The everyday sync isn't working better... When I try to delete the watch and pair it again, it works like a charm, but the sync still only works only via Garmin Express with the wire and not via Gamin Connect with bluetooth...
    Is there a forum post or something on this subject at Huawei?
  • Huawei publish an update and the smart notifications came back.
    But still no sync with Garmin Connect. Next move from Huawei or Garmin?
  • I've upgraded my Forerunner 35 to the 3.30 firmware. The changelog say just "Improved Bluetooth connectivity with Huawei phones." (https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-35-aa/1319677-forerunner-35-software-update-version-3-30-now-available).
    The everyday sync isn't working better... When I try to delete the watch and pair it again, it works like a charm, but the sync still only works only via Garmin Express with the wire and not via Gamin Connect with bluetooth...
    Is there a forum post or something on this subject at Huawei?

I have the same problem FR35 and huawei P10 (oreo)...