This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sync issue

I've read through previous posts and can't find an answer and tried contacting Garmin support direct and no response.

Previously the Forerunner 35 connected and synced seamlessly with the app on my android phone.

A week ago it said no app connected and would not sync.

I disconnected the watch from the phone and tried to re-connect via blue tooth and it just goes around in circles saying ready to pair, the phone finds the watch, the watch provides a code and before I can finish entering it the watch returns to "ready to pair".

I have tuned the watch off, done a factory re-set, un-istalled and re-installed the app and the tried to connect to a different phone all to no avail. The watch does sync via cable to the garmin express on my PC, but not all data gets synced (steps for instance does not get recorded).

The blue tooth symbol also seems to have disappeared from the watch face.

I think that the watch might have recently updated to 3.20, but not 100% on that.

Anyone any ideas?
  • Do you have a Heuwei phone? There’s issues with those at the moment. If not, there are a few issues on early versions of iOS11.

If if it’s not the phone then I find logging on the Garmin Connect and deleting the watch from there sometimes helps. Also delete the watch from GC Mobile as well before deleting the app. Basically start from as close to a new watch and a new phone as possible. This includes deleting the watch from the phones Bluetooth settings

good luck

CW
  • Thanks CW,

I do have a Heuwei phone. Are these known faults that might resolved? I had no idea that there were issues, and everything was working fine previously...

I will try and clean it all up again and start from as near to scratch as I can.

Many Thanks,
  • Hi there,
    Many users report issues with Honor or Huawei phones with last GC updates. On some threads, people are mentioning a feedback from Garmin stating that they are looking into the issue, and that we have to be patient.
    It not only affects FR35, so you might find several discussions about it.

I have the same exact symptoms as you mention
  • Having had a route around in other sections on the forum I can see that I am far from alone with this scenario. Many thanks for your input.
  • Same here, lost sync many times a day. And I'm not using a Huawei, my phone is a OnePlus.
  • I am having the same sync issue like yours. I have a Huawei P10 Lite and my wife got a Huawei P9 Lite and both have the same sync issue. I hope that Garmin and/or Huawei do something about it soon. I will keep checking here to see if we got a solution.
  • Are you on Android 7? I saw a report today of someone with a P9 Lite who was fine but he was on Android 6
  • I have a P9 Lite on Android 7 and had the same scenario, but now the watch didn't even show the numbers and the phone ask for them. The phone see the watch, as it ask if I want to pair with my Forerunner 35, but try to configure it endlessly...
    I'm eager to watch some answers from Garmin.
  • Yes I am on Android 7 on both phones (P9 Lite and P10 Lite). We have 2 watches Forerunner 35 and until 3.20 and Garmin Connect new interface everything was fine on them.

Really isn't any Garmin personnel who can answer on this topic or just to admit it that is a problem from Garmin's new software on the watch or its from Garmin's Connect app or Huawei's side. Either who has the problem we aren't the only one with problems, I saw it on Fenix 3 paired with Samsung Edge S7 having the same issue.
  • At this moment I point on Garmin's software because I can't even sync the watches on Garmin Express Desktop for Windows 10, 5.8.0.0 version.