This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate stays the same

It seems like recently on many of my runs after the 1/3 point the heart rate flat lines typically around 150 ? Why ? I even checked it on Garmin Connect on my phone and it displays the same information...Is there something wrong with the watch ? On other occasions it is fine...

Note this is on a Forerunner 35. I see the flatline typically on my 10 mile runs. Whats interesting is if I take a break the rate goes down but immediately goes back up to the flat line rate and stays there for the duration of the run. Today I climbed from 66 to 149 by mile 3. It flatlined at 149 (it never changed from 149) until I took a break at mile 6. At mile 6 it immediately went to 121 during the quick break. It then went back to 149 and stayed at 149 until mile 9 when there was a 147 followed by a 148. The remaining readings were all 149 after mile 9.

The above reading is very typical of my 10 mile runs.. Why is this ? It seems like the monitor must be working based on the break ?
  • This is the only post I can find that precisely describes the issue that I am having. Is anyone else experiencing this fault?

pobdaplaya did you find a resolution?
  • Same here. Completely flat heart rate. See picture. Garmin support did not answer to any of my requests. I'm about to send my 235 back to the dealer.

?ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1355114.png
  • Tobias pobdaplaya are you both using chest strap HRM if so which one? This is not something that I've seen with any of the Garmin chest straps - they more commonly will give spikes or false persistent high readings when the strap wears ot or if it is not sufficiently wetted during a run.

Your tracks look like the top of the graph has just been sliced off.

If you are using a strap

Make sure that it is thoroughly wetted on the electrodes before running
    Is the strap tight enough
    Try replacing battery

If possible try another strap

If all those fail then you probably have a faulty watch

Be interested to hear more
  • I just started experiencing this issue with my Garmin 35. Has anyone found a solution?

• HR seems to wear off, it was ok when a watch was new. Recently someone posted that cleaning the inside cable helped for HR of 235, but I haven't tested it yet. Seems possible, but probably I'll do it when something more happens with the watch which needs opening it, for now other things work fine.

• yep -this has happened to me too. It was very rare, now almost each run.

• A question for those of you who have this problem, and are using a model that records maximum heart rate for a run and possibly for each lap: How do the maximums stored in the watch compare with the flat line maximum? 

• Hey. My max is set at 193 bpm and my watch now flatlines at 155 bpm. 

• Interesting question:  For me (FR35) flatline was 97, and for that km 'lap' so was min/max/average

For me, as a Senior Systems Analyst, if this was happening in one of my systems, I would say there is a logic loop issue.

The software would appear to be checking for a condition to be met, and until that condition is met it reports the previous 'good' reading - so it gets 'flatlined' at s specific value.

When this mysterious condition is met, things start again.

That's just my diagnosis based on many years trouble shooting software.

• Thanks.

The reply from  supports the hypothesis the problem is in the watch, not the Garmin Connect app.

I was wondering if the problem was in the watch or in Connect because I discovered this thread when browsing the following:

Apps & Software  Mobile Apps & Web  Garmin Connect Web.