This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor pairing

Has anybody managed to pair any ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor to Forerunner 35?
I've tried to pair it with original Garmin Speed and Cadence sensor (010-12104-00) and also with a Bontrager ANT+ combo sensor (Speed+Cadence) without any success. (Pairing HR strap worked well.)
Garmin's specification says it's compatible with ANT+ Speed and Cadence sensors.
I'd appreciate any info or tips on this topic.
  • Yes, HR strap was paired easily without any issue.

How do you pair the HR strap ? I've got a HRM1 (old) one, but going to Sensors and trying to add it, doesn't recognize anything. Is the HRM1 automatically preferred and detected when starting a workout and used over the wrist HR monitor ?

[edit] When I used some water on the electrodes, the HRM1 was recognized under Sensors/Add and added, so all is good now. Regarding the automatic preference, it is so, based on Garmin manual : "After the initial pairing, the device automatically connects to the sensor when you start your activity and the sensor is active and within range."
  • I have the same issue. The spring is approaching, so I paired my strap HR but can't pair my cadence/speed sensor. This is not Garmin make but one of this universal one which work with everything. I have wake up the sensor green and red led and Garmin display 'Sensor must be awake to pair'. Any ideas what else can be done?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    badzi0r If using a single speed/cadence sensor (with the magnets on the spoke and crank arm), this sensor type is not compatible with the Forerunner 35. A separate speed and cadence sensor will be required.
  • It doesn't work. I think it's a mistake in the specs

• it worked for me. go to sensors/add, then spin the pedals. get the watch as close to the sensor as you can (difficult enough for the speed sensor, but easy for cadence once you stop turning the cranks). this was with a forerunner 35 and the speed and cadence sensor 2.

• Man, I wish it's clearly stated before I bought it.  It's too late for me to return/exchange now. 

• I just tried it with my Forerunner 35 and the Garmin speed and cadence sensors that came with my Edge 130 and the FR 35 says that they paired.  I spun the wheel and paired the speed sensor then spun the crank and it paired.

• I haven't been able to pair my Forerunner 35 with the speed sensor 2. Cadence sensor 2 works fine. The speed sensor works with my Edge 830 without a problem. I tried to get the watch very close to the speed sensor but still no luck. Anything I can try?

• I purchased a FR35 this summer and it works with both sensors and for cycling - both outdoor and indoor cycling.  I also use an Edge 130 for cycling with both sensors.

• My speed sensor is a "Speed Sensor 2"