This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor pairing

Has anybody managed to pair any ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor to Forerunner 35?
I've tried to pair it with original Garmin Speed and Cadence sensor (010-12104-00) and also with a Bontrager ANT+ combo sensor (Speed+Cadence) without any success. (Pairing HR strap worked well.)
Garmin's specification says it's compatible with ANT+ Speed and Cadence sensors.
I'd appreciate any info or tips on this topic.
  • OK I managed to get it work. I took the speed sensor off the bike, left the bike, held the watch and the sensor in one hand, shook them to get the paired. Perhaps there was some kind of interference in my environment (but edge 830 worked fast and fine).

Then I test drove the sensors/FR35. The readings seemed more laggy than my edge 830. Not sure if it's due to weaker signal reception from the FR35. 

• Just found the speed sensor could not be connected as if it wasn't paired. I guess every time I want to ride indoor with FR35 I have to repeat the steps above to make sure the speed sensor is connected. Too much trouble for me.

• MY. Garmin 25 pairs with my ant+speed units but my garmin35.will not. IHave 5 bikes with sensors and it  does not work with any of them

• I purchased my FR35 last Spring and use it routinely for cycling with and without Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and Garmin Cadence Sensor 2.  It also works for indoor cycling if set for "INDOOR".

• I have the same issue here. trying to pair my FR35 with Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2 (bundled package but separated sensors). They should be compatible with each other. Cadence sensor connected just fine, no issue. But it's been 5 days since the first try, and I still can't pair/connect the Speed Sensor. The light indicator rarely lits, at first I thought this was a battery issue, but then after I switch the batteries between the speed and cadence sensor, again the cadence works just fine and the speed still can't pair. What is wrong, anyone had any luck finding the best solution?

• Hello

I was able to pair a Garmin Cadence sensor (V2 i believe) on my forerunner 35. 

You just go in the bike activity wait for the GPS signal and after a while the watch will ask you to pair the cadence sensor. In my case, the sensor was nearby my watch in my hands ( i am not sure it matters...).

Hope it will help future readers. Slight smile