This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Discovered FR 245 major issue. When running on treadmill Save & Calibrate does not calibrate the distance

I mostly run in the summer and winter on treadmills in a gym. At the end of the run I get 3.22 km for a 5 km run, although I use as well a running dynamics pod.

Obviously at the end I go to save and calibrate. I save 5km. The next day the same story, I run 5km it says I ran 3.22km. THAT IS RIDICULOUS for a device that is so expensive. For me at least. I consider it very expensive more expensive than an Apple Watch. This is why I'm Not happy at all. This is not a 90$ Amazfit watch made in China.

I opened a support case with Garmin and guess what they told me? That other people have reported the same behavior so is a know issue, No resolution yet.

They don't know is this caused by the hardware or the software? Is it only my watch that is defective or they are all thee same...

This is a serious reason for returning this watch.....

Any other people have noticed this?

• Yeah, many of us are anxiously awaiting this fix. While the calibrate feature will update the total mileage, the splits are still way off. Also, Strava does not capture the updated total mileage. I can verify that Garmin knows it is an issue. However, the more of us who call in to report it, the more attention it may get in finding a solution.

• I did two activities last night (an indoor walk on the treadmill and a treadmill run).  The walk was actually close, but the treadmill run was way off, I'm wondering if it would be better to choose indoor run instead of treadmill run.  I'll be testing that over the next few days.

• Actually a treadmill run will never report the correct distance when you run it the first time. You have to check the distance reported by the treadmill and calibrate your 245 using the feature Calibrate and Save. This is supposed to save your average pace and the next time you run on a treadmill the distance speed & pace reported by the watch should be close to those reported by the treadmill. This feature does not work on my 245 and on many others, it says it saved and calibrated, but when I run the next time I have the same incorrect (much lower) values. Next time you run on treadmill try to save and calibrate, then run again. Please let me know if it works. I have an open case with Garmin and I want to know if it's my watch or a general issue. Thanks 

• For you, after a save & calibrate, if you run again on the treadmill does it evaluate the distance better than the first time, I mean closer to the distance reported by the treadmill? or it it give you the same way lower value?