This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 + HRM PRO Belt Not Showing Correct Heart Rate when Cross Country Skiing (XC)

Hello,

Hoping to get some help here otherwise I've spent pointless $$$ on Garmin products.

When I first went to cross country skiing with Forerunner 235 I was getting some heart rate indication from the watch, but only the first 5 minutes and then it stopped. This happened multiple timer over and over again (probably because my hand warm up, got sweaty and watch no longer worked for HR.

Next step, I buoght HRM PRO Belt. I synced/bluetoothed it with the watch. However, when I go to cross country skiing it's showing ~50-60BMP less than it should be.

What am I doing wrong? Does it even work for cross country skiiers?

Thanks in advance,

M

• I wish I had answer for you, but I will say that a couple years ago my regular Garmin HR strap (I forget which model exactly) started doing the same thing--consistently very low BPM from the belt.  I bought a new one and it was reading (I assume) correctly from then on.

Can I ask a question since you have the HRM PRO?  Does it record XC ski power?  I know it does when paired with a Fenix, I assume it does with a FR 235.  I asked in the Instinct forum about that model and the wisdom there was that it didn't record it, but I thought the HRM PRO syncs on its own, not as part of the FIT file that the FR creates, so it would follow, I'd say, that if the HRM can record that part of the data, then which watch it pairs to would not limit what data it collects.