This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 heart rate blank until rebooted

I've had my 235 for six years and it's been a faultless device and love it to bits but in the last month or so it's started doing something strange. In fact, looking back at the heart rate statistics the problem started happening on the 29th November! I remove the watch when I go to bed and put it back on each morning but I hadn't noticed that the heart rate wasn't recording either in activities or during the day. If I reboot the watch it seems to start working again.

When it's not working if I navigate to the heart rate display (down button from the clock face) the heart symbol is flashing but the heart rate never shows and remains as two dashes as shown in the photo below:

I've tried a factory reset but the problem still persists and in the mornings I reboot the watch to get the heart rate working again. I've also just noticed that if I remove the watch the green lights on the back eventually turn off, the heart rate disappears and it doesn't come back. If I wear the watch again and go to heart rate settings and turn it off then on again it seems to kick back into life again. This seems like a software issue but I don't recall any recent updates. Anyone else having this problem?