This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Better support for competitive walkers.

Why is Garmin stubborn in not supporting people who are competitive walkers? Currently I have to use the run activities to get the metric I want for my walking. Doing so categorize my activities as running, which they are not.

• Most garmin watches have a dedicated "Walk" profile for that purpose. The 235 is a notable exception, for unknown reason. So you have two options:

1. Register your walks as runs and then change the activity type in garmin connect after upload.

2. Get another watch.

• Thanks for the attention to my question, yet your reply far from the standard I would expect from Garmin in working toward Customer satisfaction. As I see your focus was more on company profit. Which shows your loyalty to the company, that is good. 
    As for for option there is a third one. That is allow your customers to edit their profile. As for me allowing me to edit my Records from Running to RaceWalk. To cover the cost, and offer other services beside editing. A subscription service can be setup, at an reasonable subscription rate. That is a rate which will encourage people to sign up.

• A misunderstanding. You mistakenly assumed that I am a garmin representative. I am not. I am in no way affiliated with garmin other than being a user of one of their product - just as you are. I do not care much about garmin's profits nor reputation. Having a 10-year experience with garmin products (which includes dealing with various issues) I often visit this forum to practice my English and to provide help to less experienced users whenever I can.

• I should have realized that you did not work for Garmin as you did not identify yourself. Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding, by correcting my mistake.

As for your English you are doing a very good job, was unaware that English was not your primary language.

• Thank you!

Garmin representatives rarely post here, and if they do, they clearly identify themselves by putting the "Garmin-" prefix in front of their alias.

• I think you can try some connect IQ app for walking activities. It should categorize as walking on GCM. 

• When I change to the walking category I lose valuable information about my walk that I had in my run category. There no reason for there not to be a competitive walk category treated just like running. Also there no reason not to have a non competitive run category treated like pedestrian walking.