This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 back cover sticker came off, led to skin irritation - can it be replaced?

This happened over a year ago, so the details are not so fresh. Still, I would like to resolve it and save this watch for future gifting/selling - or recycle it if necessary. 

Somehow the black sticker on the back of my Garmin 235 came off (this is the donut-shaped sticker around the heart rate sensor containing the serial number). This was after a couple of years of continuous wear and use. Without the sticker, I noticed that my wrist was getting irritated at the point of contact with the back of the watch. The watch otherwise worked fine, but I could no longer wear it without skin issues.

Does anyone know how to obtain a replacement sticker for the back cover? Does Garmin offer this if I can provide the serial number? Or is there a known easy fix with a different kind of sticker or material? 

Thanks for any recommendations!

Drew

• Hi, were you able to find a solution for your issue? Mine hasn't peeled off completely yet, but I'm wondering if it would be the right decision to remove it.

• Hi Francisco. No I wasn't able to find a solution (I still have the watch). I wouldn't remove it, because it led to skin irritation in my case. That's why I got rid of this watch, not because it wasn't working. Maybe you can find a way to secure the sticker in place. Sorry to be long in replying to your message.

• Just an idea, if a sticker came off, then maybe clean remains of it with some anti-glue cleaner, to be sure if it's not some glue or something which irritate skin.

• Irritation is usually caused by Bacteria,

Cleaning the Watch Entirely (Including the Strap) With +- 70% Alcohol (Damp Cloth Method) has Worked for many Forum Members.

The Watch should be cleaned after every activity and every day.

An Antibacterial Ointment Such as Supiroban or Equivalent can be applied to the wrist where the Skin Irritation is Visible.