This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Garmin forerunner 235 GPS wont load

Hi my GPS wont load on my watch 235 forerunner this week, never been an issue before.

Can you advise please how to resolve?

• I have the same problem with my 235.  It started on Friday afternoon (1/22) after I synced it. It worked fine Friday morning. 

• Same with me and my 235. It will not even load up via computer USB either. I am worried I will run out of space... 

• Hello! I'm having the same issue and I started having it after last firmware update, version 8.20 (8dffc71).
    I wrote to the support team and they replied I have to change my device.
    Since I'm not the only one facing this problem, I'm suspecting last software release have a bug.
    Can you please confirm me you have the same firmware version of mine?

• I had version 8.2.0. I ended up having to send it to Garmin for a replacement. 

• I have the same problem, my version is 8.20 8dffc71, suddenly it stopped identifying the satellites.

• Hi @tchqui,

it's a bit weird, isn't it?

In my opinion is not a coincidence that all of us have got the same issue after that software update, but from Garmin customer care they said that since it's a low number of cases they cannot say it's a firmware problem.

My watch wasn't on warranty anymore (it expired a couple of months ago) and I had to pay 85£ to get a refurbished one (that was having other issues). So I asked for a new replacement and I've got my last refurbished one some days ago. Everything looks ok so far.

I have to say that after the first reply that was a bit rude, I talked to another guy that has been fast and nice.

I'm afraid you'll have to contact their customer care as well (I used the live chat for a quicker reply).

Hope this could help.

Good luck!

• I have exactly the same version en what seem to be a similar problem If I sync it or not the GPS is so slow that it is not workable any longer and I start it takes about 7-8 minutes to find a fix. Are you all sure that it is absolutely dead? Not sure if it is caused by the update though Could it be that there is not enough free space left in the watch. I was a happy user before. Because of the lack of patience I start running and noticed that the fix becomes slower if you move faster. 7-8 minutes when biking 10-15 minute while biking. Any idea's for a solution?