This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with heart rate monitoring

I've had a Forerunner 235 for just over a year and it has generally been excellent, but over the last few weeks I have had trouble with the heart rate monitoring. In December it started recording occasional very high heart rates - on one run it plateaued above 180 for the 2nd half of the run, when 180 is pretty much my maximum heart rate (and the second half of the run was downhill). I restarted everything and it worked okay for a few days, but now it is recording unusually low heart rates - I did the same run again yesterday, and this time it plateaued at 120 for most of the run, when my heart rate should have been pretty varied (the run route is uphill, then rolling, then downhill) and up to 150. I've also noticed that sometimes a heart rate is recorded when I'm not wearing the watch. The only external factor that has changed is temperature - outside temps have been fluctuating around freezing while this is happening. Any suggestions much appreciated!