This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to get GPS lock

Long time 235 user here. I have had watch for several years. Went out for my morning run today and the GPS never got a lock once. Not in the first 5 minutes while I sat there waiting (normally fixes in about 3 seconds), not during the 40 minutes running either. It's just stuck there on flashing 1 bar (lowest level) forever it seems. Run on the morning of the 9th was logged just fine.

I've tried:
1. resynching via connect and express - no luck.
2. leaving it outside the back for a good period of time at least until the extended power saver warning beeped
3. Manually deleting the EPO file in GARMIN/REMOTESW and resynching via express
4. Hard reset
All with no change in situation. I do see there was a big issue with some devices at the end of 2020, but I don't think that affects the 235, not being on the Sony chipset (iirc)

Has anyone seen a similar problem with their 235? Are there any other avenues to pursue or is the watch just cactus? Would be nice to see some sort of error log or something to confirm it is, but unsure if and where the unit logs to.

Many thanks in advance

• I have the same problem with my 235.  It started on Friday afternoon (1/22) after I synced it. It worked fine Friday morning.

I have tried all of the same things you have tried. Nothing seems to fix it. 

When I look at the versions in settings I see GPS version 0.0.0, which I know is a bad sign.