This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 continually drops the connection to iphone 11.

I've recently upgraded to an iphone 11, and I can't keep the bluetooth connection from the forerunner 235 to the new iphone. I had no issues with my old iphone 8.

There were no issues keeping the bluetooth connection open between the forerunner and an iphone 8.

Both iphones are running iOS 13.1.2 and the forerunner is on firmware 7.90. Both iphones claim to support the same bluetooth standard (5.0)

I've tried all the usual tricks - deleting the connection, rebooting both devices and then recreating the connection etc. Is there any way to keep this bluetooth connection working to an iphone 11?

I note that other garmin devices have had a beta firmware update to address issues with connections to the iphone 11 - see for example the Edge 530 firmware 4.21 release notes https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14953) so I was wondering if a similar beta firmware update will be made available for the forerunner 235?