This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live stream heart rate

I was just wondering if there is a way to live stream my heart rate from my fr235 to my iPhone/iPad whilst I’m on a treadmill? I find it a bit awkward trying to read my watch when running on a treadmill.

thanks

• Did you ever find out jeza 133

• iPhone/iPads do not have ANT+ tech, depending instead on Bluetooth. Garmin FR 230/235 uses ANT+ to pair with other devices. The 235 can broadcast your HR to other Garmin devices, but, again, this is using ANT+. You might check your treadmill manual to see if it can be configured to receive ANT+ data.

If your treadmill will not receive and display ANT+ data, the best work around I've found is to get a chest strap that uses both Bluetooth/ANT+ technology. Your 235 will pair with it using ANT+, your Apple devices can display your HR over various apps using Bluetooth. You could use the chest strap without pairing it to the Garmin, but then you'll end up with issues/discrepancies between your Garmin optical HR data and Apple devices as to your HR readings from the chest strap, leaving you to wonder which is accurate. My personal experience is that optical (laser wrist-based) readings are convenient, but chest straps are more accurate.

Garmin, Wahoo, Polar and Scosche all have dual technology transmitter chest straps. 

Pretty much negates the idea of the wrist-based HR readings while running, but you won't fall of the treadmill checking your watch, either.

• I have had to do similar for treadmill or spin bike.  The new HR-Dual garmin strap works well, otherwise plenty of people use the Wahoo equivalent as well.  

• I actually bought a cheap adapter that enables me to fit my watch on to my bikes handlebars for when using my tacx trainer (I don't use zwift just cd's) and I can adapt it for the treadmill so I don't have to wear it on my wrist. Thanks guys

• I actually bought a cheap adapter that enables me to fit my watch on to my bikes handlebars for when using my tacx trainer (I don't use zwift just cd's) and I can adapt it for the treadmill so I don't have to wear it on my wrist. Thanks guys

• iPhone doesn't have that tech bro.