This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have a Forerunner 235 vs 220 conundrum:

My friend, who leads our training group has a 220 and I have a 235. The issue is how different our paces are when we transfer the same run to Strava.

A typical training run involves various stops, either for recovery or to discuss learning points. To take a recent and typical example (simplified numbers), we both ran 4 miles in a total time of 60 mins, and both our Garmin Connect apps showed a moving time of 44 mins, moving pace of 11min/mile and average pace of 15min/mile

But on Strava, whereas my record (and others in the group) shows a moving time of 44mins and 11min/mile, hers shows 60 min moving time and 15 min/mile pace. We both have autopause switched off and neither of us pause the run mid session.

It’s annoying her and doing my head in that I can’t figure out the reason for the difference. Does anyone have an explanation for the different Strava treatment of the data?

i can post the real data if needed.

• Is your 235 set to use smart recording (the default) or 1-second recording?

The 220 only supports smart recording, so if your 235 is set differently, it would definitely produce a different FIT file, although I don’t know if that could really explain the difference. 

Personally, I just pause my watch when I stop running, with the exception of interval workouts.