This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Personal Records

This weekend I beat my 10K record. The race was 10.1Km and Garmin kept my record for this distance and not the 10k. More 29seg. Does this make any sense? Does it work like this?
  • Personally I am not sure I have seen what you describe on PR's

It is quite possible that it's different on other devices.

From my understanding this activity didn't register as a Garmin PR for him

Well, I understood quite the opposite :)
  • Yes, it was registered as a PR... but with the time of the 10.1km. When the watch gave the indication of the 10k, I slow down and only press the button after more 100m.
  • I hope i am not hijacking, i have lost my 1k and 1mile records after 5 months.
    Has it something to do with how often i synchronize with Garmin connect?
    Or is it relevant with turning off the heart rate sensor for everyday use and open it only when running?
  • I have the exact same issue with a PR for my half marathon. My 645 measured 21,25km and took the accompanied time, instead of the time for 21,10km. Strava took the time for my PR at 21,10km.

• I'm sure that you didn't run more than 21,1km. There are several things that affect GPS accuracy. I ran HM that my watch measured shorter. One time it was set as a HM record, the other time I told GC that it was a HM with new PB. So what if your watch would measure a shorter distance and adds the difference to your time, so that it isn't your PB anymore?