This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 235 keeps resetting randomly

As already stated my FR235 repetedly and all of a sudden keep resetting. That means losing all steps and heart rate.
I could not understand what is the issue or what triggers this situation.
The appearance is always that:
1. one beep
2. screen goes blank (therefore black) with only the GARMIN text seeable
3. after a time which can be longer or shorter (presumably shorter when connected to usb charge) it is restored to normal condition but with zeroed steps and hearbeat history
That is quite annoying. It doesn't happen for low battery. Last time it happened at 66% when charging.
Thanks for helping sorting me out of this.
Patrick
  • Looks broken. Replacement is your only option.
  • Looks broken. Replacement is your only option.

But it happens once a month. 99% looks like a sw problem
  • Frequency of an event does not point to its cause. Have you heard of other FR235 users with the same issue? They all run the same software, don't they?

Things you can try to make sure:
    1. Get rid of any IQ apps, watchfaces, widgets, data fields.
    2. Make a factory reset to return the watch to default values.
    If none of the above helps, then I'd strongly suspect it's a hardware issue.
  • Frequency of an event does not point to its cause. Have you heard of other FR235 users with the same issue? They all run the same software, don't they?

Things you can try to make sure:
    1. Get rid of any IQ apps, watchfaces, widgets, data fields.
    2. Make a factory reset to return the watch to default values.
    If none of the above helps, then I'd strongly suspect it's a hardware issue.

That's really a good idea. I will do that and wait. Frequency is not helping though. Is there anyone out there with the same issue?
  • i have the same issue did u find a solution for it?

• I too have experienced this issue.  Did the factory reset resolve the problem?

• Same here. Happens every week or so and I have to go outside and start a run activity so the correct time is restored. Very irritating.

Last time it happened at 66% charge - just like Patrick - though it wasn't charging at the time. 

• happening with mine as well. the activities are intact, but the step counts, heart rate continues to reset to zero. it's very annoying

• this just happened to me in the middle of a 10k race!    It's been happening on lots of training runs but this time it was very unfortunate.  So frustrating. 

• This just started happening to me too... the morning of my first half marathon (ah!). My FR235 completely reset overnight when it was charging. Took forever to get a solid GPS signal outside to correct the date/time again, and I couldn’t get the Bluetooth connection back to my phone in time for the race.

Ended up uninstalling a few new widgets and resetting back to factory settings, but even now a week later, it will still go black with the Garmin logo and "reset" periodically throughout the day. 

Is this issue from software glitches with an old watch model? I’m bummed because I just bought this FR235 as my first Garmin a few months ago.