This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 Run Button does not work

:( Only bought this in November 2017 used handful of times. Went to use today as starting running again. Will not start run.

I have reset
Fully charged
Done software update
Synced to iphone 10

But when i press to start a run nothing happens?

really disapointed, any ideas?
  • Have you sorted this out?

I have the same, as well as the 'off' button not working.

Can scroll through all the screens as usual, but can't start an activity nor turn off the watch (to try to reset)
  • The start / stop button in Garmin 230 does not work.

I do not know how to fix it. Garmin offered to exchange for a new one in the price of the new watch :(
  • Does Garmin ever answered you?

• A non-working button (when all other buttons work) usually means the watch is broken and needs to be replaced. As a last resort you could try soaking the watch in lukewarm water for 30 minutes, but this is risky if the watch's water resistance has been compromised due to broken button.

• Same issue here: Forerunner 235 running flawlessly for 4 years, then the start/stop button also stopping operation within a few days. The watch is now rendered useless. I'm struggling to believe that *all* watches mentioned here would all have the same button failure ...

• Sounds like a common problem for those who use their 235 in watersports. I’ve had mine for 4+ years, wear it daily/nightly and have had very little trouble with it, until this weekend. Was in the ocean and the wetsuit pushed the Start/Stop button and now it doesn’t work. Powered it off, by holding the power down for 15 seconds and the Start/Stop button worked once. Have tried soaking it in Luke warm water, to no avail. 

Anyone find a solution?  Can’t imagine there isn’t a way to clean the contacts. 

• I opened mine, the weldings of the play button are Broken by salt water. Very microscópic to fix

• Exactly the same for me. Used it running and cycling for about 2 years. One 20 minute snorkle and now the buttons on the right no longer work rendering it useless.