This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

7.80 excessive battery drain

I am losing about 10% battery every hour when the watch is just displaying the clock face. Bluetooth and GPS are both off. Didn't have this excessive drain in 7.70. Anyone else?
  • I agree - seems to be a pretty big jump in the battery drop - i am charging daily now! smh....

not sure what it is - I use a HRM strap and it seems like it is even dropping faster in activities. Plus plenty of times I check the green light activity during times at the office and it's not like it is stuck on 24/7... so not sure whats going on.
  • I have exactly the same issue since 7.80
    I loose about 50% in one day with bluetooth off.

I did a complete reset to default this evening and resynct with gcm.

Let's see if this makes a difference the coming days.
  • I'm experiencing this as well. Updated to 7.8 a few days ago and since then my forerunner 235 battery completely drains in less than 24 hours, where it used to last for over a week! Sounds like a big, not a feature!

By the way, I just performed a reboot (long press on the light button). Other threads suggested trying this, so hopefully this will do the trick.
  • I'm also experiencing this as well. The battery is completely drained within 4-5 hours of it being full charged. I've spoken to the UK support team, who say that there is no new beta software to try. And I can't downgrade the software to 7.70. I am loathed to do a full blown factory reset as I will loose "my stats race predictor" and "my stats records running" etc
  • I can confirm that a reset to factory solved the issue completely.
    2 hours of activity and after almost 1 week I'm still at 50%
  • I experienced the same as did my brother in law. The watch went from nearly 1 week on charge to half a day, coincidentally just after a software update - sounds like planned obsolescence to me.