This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Language changes (seemingly) spontaneously

I have set the language of my Garmin Forerunner 230 to Dutch. In the past year, the language sometimes switched back to English after connecting the watch through USB to my computer. Not a big deal, as I almost always upload my training data through bluetooth. But now the watch seems to change the language back to English spontaneously, even though I did not connect the watch to the computer. It also happens without syncing through bluetooth I believe. The firmware is up to date (7.70).

Am I missing something, or is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • You need to make sure the language is set correctly on Garmin Connect through either the website or the mobile app. Then sync your watch.

If the language is set to English on Garmin Connect and you change the watch,the watch setting will always be overridden by the website setting.
  • You need to make sure the language is set correctly on Garmin Connect through either the website or the mobile app. Then sync your watch.

If the language is set to English on Garmin Connect and you change the watch,the watch setting will always be overridden by the website setting.

Thank you. I had to go into the mobile app, into the watch settings and then system settings. There you can find an option called 'Text language' and this indeed was set to 'English'. I changed it to Dutch and all is fine now. Thanks again.
  • Where you find an option called 'Text language'?