This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Outgoing Call Notifications?

I find it odd that my watch displays a call notification for outgoing calls. Why is that? Is there a way to disable it? I mean, I KNOW that I'm making a call...I don't need my watch telling me so.

I just want incoming call notifications. Is that possible?
  • If whichever phone app on your handset, with which you make outgoing calls, generates notifications in the mobile operating system's Notification Centre, then you'll get notifications for both incoming and outgoing calls handled through the same app. If you want to suppress notifications for outgoing calls, then you need to be able to either suppress them from being generated by the phone app in the first place. The other possible ‘solution’ is to split the handling of incoming and outgoing calls between two separate apps, and then suppress the forwarding of notifications to the watch for just one of them in the Garmin Connect Mobile app for Android.
  • Same issue - I have no idea why I would need notification that I am calling someone.  I have not been able to fix yet.   

• Same issue for me - why would I need notification that I am dialing 

• I just bought a Forerunner 945 and I’m having the same issue.  I don’t want my watch to vibrate when I’m making a call, but I’d prefer to not have to surrender the ability to get notifications when I’m receiving a call to accomplish this.  Frustrating!

• Damn, three years later have they not fixed this? I just got a 955 and the first time I made a call and my watch buzzed at me I was like “wtf?” What a stupid thing to do.