This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How long does your battery last?

This would be an amazing watch except the battery life makes it unusable. I’ll go months without using the watch and then every now and then think I should give it another try.

Basically I have to keep it on the charger more than it’s worn. I bought 3 chargers, one for home, truck, and office. It will not last 24 hours on a charge. I’m constantly having to keep up with whether it’s on the charger or not. Did a step competition at work. Lost a lot of steps bc I’d leave the desk and walk around the factory and realize it was still charging. Try wearing it a day and I’ll wake up with it fully drained.

I bought this for four purposes:
1. Timing my runs, particularly my mile run time
2. Tracking sleep
3. Tracking HR
4. Counting steps

I’ve never succeeded in tracking more than 2-3 nights of sleep on any week. All it takes is one time forgetting to put it on the charger during my commute to work and my charging streak is broken.

2 through 4 are impossible unless I plan my day around stopping by at a charging point at least twice a day and stop for charges. As I cannot center my life around keeping this watch charged, it’ll usually sit unused for months, except for testing my mile time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look? I read the 12 page battery thread and found nothing actionable there, albeit interesting information.
  • Sounds like you have a problem with your battery unless you are constantly running the GPS. Mine lasts at least a week with typically 3 or 4 hrs of running. If I didn't use the GPS I think it would go for several weeks before needing a charge.
  • A while ago I read about an issue affecting some (but not all) FR235 units which caused the OHR to be constantly on and draining the battery excessively in non-activity mode.
  • A while ago I read about an issue affecting some (but not all) FR235 units which caused the OHR to be constantly on and draining the battery excessively in non-activity mode.

Mine has been like that for a few months now, I think since firmware 7.40 went on-ish and it's dreadful; less than 24 hours.
  • I wear mine 24/7 with everything possible turned on (HR, notifications, steps, sleep tracking). I use GPS 5 times a week, each for about 25 minutes ( 5 runs @ 5K). I can easily get 7 days of battery ... I charge it every Sun night. Without using the GPS I've almost made it 14 days on holidays. As tmk2 says, you might have a faulty OHR ... are the lights on constantly? If so, the only solution I have heard of up here is returning the watch for a replacement.

Max
  • I wear mine 24/7 with everything possible turned on (HR, notifications, steps, sleep tracking). I use GPS 5 times a week, each for about 25 minutes ( 5 runs @ 5K). I can easily get 7 days of battery ... I charge it every Sun night. Without using the GPS I've almost made it 14 days on holidays. As tmk2 says, you might have a faulty OHR ... are the lights on constantly? If so, the only solution I have heard of up here is returning the watch for a replacement.

They are, yes. Waiting for support to offer me that as an option...