This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fr235 heart rate always on = draining the battery

Hi,

Beginning on Friday last week my forerunner 235 (purchased in December 2015) started to lose battery at a rapid rate to the point that I can no longer get 24 hours of battery life from a full charge. At first I thought I must have been accidentally turning on running mode but have since realised that the wrist based heart rate monitor is permanently on which I believe is the cause of the poor battery.

I have restored all settings, done a soft reset and done a hard reset. All failed to solve the issue.

The watch is;
Software Version: 7.50 (bdd586f)
GPS: 3.10
Display: 2.20
Bluetooth/ANT: 2.40
WHR: 2.70 (10.02.21)
Connect IQ: 1.4.1

Just to give/confirm details, the wrist based heart rate monitor remains permanently on when in watch mode with the heart rate setting as 'auto'. This is draining the battery. Setting the heart rate as 'off' turns off the wrist based heart rate monitor.

I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place, but any help/advice of how I can solve this issue would be much appreciated. Has anyone else had this problem?