This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Find my Garmin Forerunner 235 device which is lost around the house ?

Hey guys,
I remember there was a function in Garmin Connect to track your Garmin device via bluetooth in case you misplaced it but I can't seem to find it.
Does anyone know of a way?

Thanks !
  • In Garmin Connect Mobile select "Garmin Devices" and then select your FR235. There you'll find the "Find My Device" option. However this option is available only if your watch is currently connected to your phone.
  • Thanks for the response, tmk2 !
    Unfortunately I don't have that option there for some reason.. and my device is always connected to my phone.
    I actually did end up finding my watch but I'm still trying to understand where this lost function is because I keep misplacing it :)
  • In Garmin Connect Mobile select "Garmin Devices" and then select your FR235. There you'll find the "Find My Device" option. However this option is available only if your watch is currently connected to your phone.

My 235 is misplaced in my house--but connected--and I don't see the "Find My Device" option, either. I have several days of battery left. I don't see any way to make the 235 make a sound from my phone's Garmin Connect software. Any ideas?
  • Hey Smartin737. I was in the same situation recently and was able to use a phone app (Apple and android both have them) the one I used was "find my device" - it basically sniffs out bluetooth signals and by using the strength bar you can narrow down your search. You need to go slow with your search as it seems to take a bit to parse with the BT devices. I had to try a few apps as some didn't seem to pick up the forerunners signal. I went into each room and did a search to try and locate it. Was very frustrated as I couldn't get a signal in the house but then tried outside the front door and it picked something up. Turns out my watch was in the car (and the series of events leading to this came flooding back).
    Good luck with your search.

Let us know how you get on.
    QM
  • Also AFAIK - the find my device only works from the watch to find the connected phone...not the other way around. Correct me if I am wrong. QM
  • I swear i looked in every menu on my watch... I can't find a way to "Find My Phone"...? Anyone know how to do that?

Never mind... found online.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner230/EN-US/GUID-A807E8B4-1EE4-4B05-8C44-FAD8738D6450.html [h=1]Locating a Lost Smartphone[/h]
    You can use the find my phone feature to help locate a lost smartphone that is paired using Bluetooth[SUP]®[/SUP] wireless technology and currently within range.

• From the time of day screen, select  to view the controls widget.
    • Select  > Find My Phone.

The Forerunner[SUP]®
    • [/SUP] device begins searching for your paired smartphone. Bars appear on the Forerunner device screen corresponding to the Bluetooth signal strength, and an audible alert sounds on your smartphone.

• Select  to stop searching.
  • My 235 is misplaced in my house--but connected--and I don't see the "Find My Device" option, either.

Then perhaps the FR235 doesn't have this feature. I have it on my FR735XT and based on similarities between these two watches I figured that the FR235 had it as well, which aparently isn't the case. I apologize for the confusion.
  • I couldn't get Find My Garmin working either.
    So I was forced to tidy my house in order to find watch :-)
  • I just had the same issue. The watch was connected to Garmin Connect so i selected the device from the main screen, then selected “Device Settings”. You should then see the “Move Alert” option. Make sure it is turned off, then sync the device. Repeat above but this time set the “Move Alert” to on. Then sync. When it syncs, the watch buzzes, and that helped me locate it. Hope it helps!

• , excellent share. Thank you!