This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

disable "Power save in" warning

Is it possible to Disable beep / vibrate warning "Power save in" when in do not disturb is active?

Often i have inadvertently come out of power save mode by pressing a button and 5 minutes later i get (numerous!) beeps and vibrates telling me the watch is entering power save mode. Sometimes this happens in bed and is really annoying! Surely this should not be happening during do not disturb?
  • The Power Save happens when you select a GPS activity without starting it within a certain timeframe to save battery by shutting the GPS radio down. If you select the run app and it acquires a GPS signal and is waiting for you to hit start. If you don't hit start within 5 minutes (unless you've set up the extended time out) it will give the warning you're talking about.

Either you're accidentally hitting the top right button or there's something wrong with the watch that's making it think that a GPS activity has been initiated.
  • If you see the alerts, just press back until you see the clock face
  • The Power Save happens when you select a GPS activity without starting it within a certain timeframe to save battery by shutting the GPS radio down. If you select the run app and it acquires a GPS signal and is waiting for you to hit start. If you don't hit start within 5 minutes (unless you've set up the extended time out) it will give the warning you're talking about.

Either you're accidentally hitting the top right button or there's something wrong with the watch that's making it think that a GPS activity has been initiated.

Thanks R_Tellis. I appreciate the reason why the alerts are shown - occasionally i inadvertently press the top right 'run' button and trigger the GPS, hence causing the power save mode notification (and vibrate, and sounds which are annoying when the happens late at night...).

I just wish there was an option to disable them when in 'do not disturb' mode.
  • If you see the alerts, just press back until you see the clock face

I am pretty certain I see the alerts when at the clock face (after triggering the GPS by pressing the red run button). Let me test.
  • You can’t see the alerts at the clock face. The clock face means you are in Low Power Mode, you only get the alerts when not in LPM. By the way, it is possible to put the time as a data screen but that isn’t the clock face, it’s different!
  • Thanks all, the alerts do indeed disappear when I have the clock face on.
  • Thanks for the explanation! I selected the run app before my run today, but apparently didn't hit the start button. Lost the first 1.5k of my workout because I only realized when the watch vibrated and beeped informing it would be going into power save mode. I didn't know then what happened, now i know I must have missed hitting the start button.