This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Continued difficulty acquiring GPS signal

Had my 230 now for about 9 months, and for first 6 or 7 months had no problems with it, always seemed to acquire a GPS signal pretty much instantaneously.

In May I injured my knee, and therefore been running a lot less over the last couple of months, though been getting back in more regularly over the last month and a half or so. During that period, I've started to have a lot of issues with the watch that I didn't have previously. On many of my runs, I'm unable to acquire a signal at all, with the indicator never getting past the flashing first bar, no matter how long I give it to acquire signal, holding it as you should (away from tall buildings/structures trees etc. and face up), and it won't acquire at all during the run. On others, I acquire signal partway through the run (this morning managing to finally lock on on both my runs in pretty much the same position, once as I finished my jog down to my local parkrun, the other as I entered the finish straight, so not massively helpful in either case - oddly enough, the park is the one place it seems best at locking on).

I've tried a hard reset and then resyncing with Garmin Express, and as yet it doesn't seem to have helped much, as it's currently sat in my back garden, still only on a flashing second bar after over 5 minutes of trying, and hasn't even managed to sync time yet. Software is up to date with current 7.5 version.

It does occasionally acquire a full signal, so it's obviously not that the GPS receiver itself is physically completely fragged. Is there anything else I can try?