This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect Sleep Time. Going to sleep 1 hour earlier than I do.

Gday

I have recently purchased a 235 and on my sleep reports it is saying I go to bed 1 hour early.. I thought this was a setting issue but the wake up time is correct.

I have sleep time set to 10pm to 6am

Sunday night I went to bed at 9.45 and it said 8.45
Monday night I went to bed at 11.20 and it said 10.20.

Is anyone else having this issue and if there is any solution.

Thanks
Mat
  • Gday

I have recently purchased a 235 and on my sleep reports it is saying I go to bed 1 hour early.. I thought this was a setting issue but the wake up time is correct.

I have sleep time set to 10pm to 6am

Sunday night I went to bed at 9.45 and it said 8.45
    Monday night I went to bed at 11.20 and it said 10.20.

Is anyone else having this issue and if there is any solution.

Thanks
    Mat

Yes I get this too, although not always 1 hour exactly, but quite often starts too early. I think the problem is that if I sit on the couch watching TV or leave the watch on table, it thinks I'm already sleeping. Sometimes it works just fine though. Usually I just manually fix the starting point. The pink lines show the last time I was moving before going to bed so quite easy to figure out... The total sleeping time doesn't matter so much but I'm interested how much deep sleep I get because usually this seems to affect my performance most. If I get at least 4 hours I'm usually fine, if it's 2-3 hours, not so good.

Anyway I guess this is the price to pay for automation. Sometimes feels like a manual starting option would be a welcome one.
  • Somehow fitbit, samsung and polar get the start and end time almost spot on...why not Garmin?
  • automatic sleep time

Yes I get this too, although not always 1 hour exactly, but quite often starts too early. I think the problem is that if I sit on the couch watching TV or leave the watch on table, it thinks I'm already sleeping. Sometimes it works just fine though. Usually I just manually fix the starting point. The pink lines show the last time I was moving before going to bed so quite easy to figure out... The total sleeping time doesn't matter so much but I'm interested how much deep sleep I get because usually this seems to affect my performance most. If I get at least 4 hours I'm usually fine, if it's 2-3 hours, not so good.

Anyway I guess this is the price to pay for automation. Sometimes feels like a manual starting option would be a welcome one.

For some reason my Garmin FR235 stopped setting sleep time automatically. I have to log into my Garmin Connect website and set/adjust + confirm the sleep time before it shows on my Android app. Are you telling me you do not need to do that (mine changed to manual for reasons I do not understand about 3-4 weeks ago)....what firmware are you on (and what android app version)?
  • Mine does this did you find a fix