This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Storage Limit Reached when Updating Apps

Hey guys,
In the past my storage limit had reached and I deleted some apps and my activities and then I could update the important apps and move on.
Since then, I haven't downloaded any new apps at all and now I'm receiving this message again while not able to update the apps.
I tried deleting my activities yet I still can not update my apps due to a storage limit.

What am I missing? Is there a proper storage management tool?

Thanks !
  • I think you're talking about Connect IQ apps. Yes, there is a limit on how much space they can take on the watches, and it varies based on the type of watch.

With Garmin Connect Mobile, when you look at the CIQ apps you have installed, there is a item called "manage storage". It will tell you how close to that limit you are, and the size of each thing you have installed.
  • I think you're talking about Connect IQ apps. Yes, there is a limit on how much space they can take on the watches, and it varies based on the type of watch.

With Garmin Connect Mobile, when you look at the CIQ apps you have installed, there is a item called "manage storage". It will tell you how close to that limit you are, and the size of each thing you have installed.

Thanks for the quick response, Jim !
    Looking at the available storage it seems I have 158k of free storage in CIQ.
    Why would I have a problem with the storage limit every once in a while without me even downloading new apps?
    First time I got that error I deleted some apps and now I get it again without adding new apps since last time.
    I barely have any apps on it anyway and I have 7 available slots.

Cheers,
  • could it be you have something queued to install that's too big based on the available storage for CIQ?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I deleted several IQ apps and had plenty of storage space but was unable to update one of my IQ apps that I kept because Garmin Express said I exceeded my storage limit. This went on for a couple of days and then suddenly stopped.
  • Hello

I'm having exactly same issue with my 235 for few last weeks. Removal of several apps does not help. The watch itself shows plenty of storage free, and list of installed apps suggests that I'm not yet near the limit. yet any update attempt fails.

Any help is appreciated.

- Vlad

• I realize this thread is over 2 years old, but I have run into the same problem a few times.  For what its worth, I found that uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express on my PC solved the issue.  I assume a failed download sets something in registry regards to insufficient storage capacity that for some reason does not get reset after apps are deleted (not removed) from the watch.

• In my Garmin Venu (not the new version), I have over 3GB space available., but still it shows storage space not sufficient. I dont know, if this space (of 3GB) is for saving music files. And the space available for apps is very very very limited not even more than 10MB. Very bad infact. Pls correct me if wrong. Thanks.

• Yes, as on the picture above, from Express, a space for apps is only a part of all disk space. Open that menu to see used and free space for apps, you can also remove apps there.

• What resolves this for me is the following: Connect the watch to your PC. Sync all your activity and make sure everything is present in your various apps where you look at it. Then, go to Windows File Explorer and find your Garmin device (mine is GARMIN (D:). From there, go to D:\Garmin\Activity and delete all the .fit files. These are your activity records that are stored on the watch. They don't really need to stay there once they're synced with your apps. Then, re-run the sync/update from Garmin Express - no more "storage limit" error!