This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather App Waiting for Data

Got my new Forerunner 230 today and set it up with GC on my iPhone but the Weather App displays waiting for data.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • Garmin 935, same thing. Had this issue before and before. Thought it was due to the app version and watch firmware being out of sync (read: not up-to-date).. But just did an update of the watch and still not working. At times it has worked, but always a bit slow. Now it hasn't been working for weeks. Indeed, very frustrating. 

But, just did a last test, power off and on the watch, now it works...

• Worked for me, thanks!

On my iPhone 7, iOS 13.2.2 I went to Settings > Garmin Connect > Location > Changed from Ask to Always

Then on my Garmin 735XT, I scrolled through to Weather and pressed the select button (top right) and the weather details came through and are now there every time I scroll through to Weather.

• As suggested restored defaults but now stepping down from the time screen does not lead me to overseas time or my name or weather etc. My workout screen only has three fields that are not what I use anymore. Could I restore from my macbook as I do not remember everything I had configured

• I've always had the same problem. Had it with my 735xt, and have it now with my NEW FR 245 Music. Worked fine for a day or two. Then stopped working, always shows "waiting for data". Uninstalled, reinstalled GC, worked for a day, then stopped working again. Tried getting GPS signal, always on for all location services, etc. everything. Just reset watch to defaults.. and contrary to what the message says, (that it doesn't delete music), it does when resetting defaults - so I have to re-download all my Amazon prime playlists. Weather seems to be working now, but I assume it's only temporary. Yes, I sound a bit jaded I guess, since this was always an issue with my old 735xt, figured a new shiny watch at least the weather app would work. I really use it a lot... when it's working.