This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather App Waiting for Data

Got my new Forerunner 230 today and set it up with GC on my iPhone but the Weather App displays waiting for data.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • I had the same 'Waiting for Data' issue but for the Calendar widget.

My problem was that I am running Android Marshmallow on my phone and needed to give the Connect app the correct permissions.

Go to App settings -> Connect app -> Permissions -> Enable all of them

Worked for me
  • Wouldn't it be far nicer if the weather app cached data and displayed a 'last updated' date/time. That way any synced data could be viewed even if the connection was subsequently lost with the knowledge that it could be out of date. A few minutes or hours old would be fine.

As to the original question the permissioins settings fixed my calendar not syncing.
  • I think Garmin are missing a trick with the weather app. If it cached the weather data when synced and displayed a "last updated" time then it would be forever available on the watch even if sync was lost. As it stands the weather data could be synced then the connection lost a second later meaning that no data would be viewable despite it being useful. Of course the longer no sync happened the less useful the data would be.

The sync issue for calendar was solved for me also by changing permissions as above.
  • i've tried the following > no results yet

I've got my forerunner 230 for about several weeks now and i love it. But the only thing that is annoying me is the weather app.

The following possible solutions I've tried, all with the same result. For a maximum of 12 hours the weather stays in sync.
    - remove and reconnect the watch from the connect app on my iPhone > max 12 hours sync
    - remove and add the watch from the connect app and from the Bluetooth list on my phone > max 12 hours sync
    - reset the watch to factory reset > max 12 hours sync
    - switch Bluetooth on/off on watch and phone > no result
    - 'sync' the watch gps with the phone (i possible solution i found somewhere) > no result

The workarounds work for max 12 hours, so that's not really a solution...

Other apps works very well with syncing.

Is there anything i can try?
  • My weather widget continues to be intermittent at best. Anyone else still having this problem? Any impact of Garmin "elevating" our concerns?
  • works fine now

after the recent update of the connect app on my iphone the weather app on my forerunnner runs smooth now for the last couple of days.
  • Have this problem now with my 735xt, weather app waiting for data. Used to work fine, but not any more. Have the latest software version on both the watch and the app. What is the solutiion, Garmin Support?
  • Do the location services need to be always on or can their be on when using the app? I have tried disconnecting, even deleting bluetooth connection from IOS, and it does not work. 

• I’m on a Fenix 6S paired with an iPhone X (all software up to date on both watch and phone) and have tried the Location Access setting at both Always and Only When Using, and leaving it on Always hasn’t made a difference.  Have tried installing and reinstalling the Weather widget (no help).  Have tried unpairing and re-pairing my watch to my iPhone (no help).  Super frustrating for a $600 watch when this issue seems to be very well documented.

• I have the Fenix 6 Pro and same problem. Very frustrating.