This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather App Waiting for Data

Got my new Forerunner 230 today and set it up with GC on my iPhone but the Weather App displays waiting for data.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • Weather comes from your phone's location. The app needs location services to be always on.

The always on setting allows the app to use location when running in the background, which you need for the smart features to work.
  • Thanks for the replay.

Location Services is set to On, Connect and Weather app is set to Always but it still says waiting for data.

Its very frustrating!!!

Weather comes from your phone's location. The app needs location services to be always on.

The always on setting allows the app to use location when running in the background, which you need for the smart features to work.
  • I read earlier of similar problems occurring with the Vivoactive HR. Seems it might be an app issue, but Garmin are aware of it.

I tried and got the current weather and hourly forecast. The longer term said "App connection required."
  • Weather waiting for data...

Same issues: Bluetooth linked, location services always on, GPS enabled....Frustrating.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We appreciate the discussion on this topic. We have escalated these reports to the Garmin Connect Mobile team regarding the weather data not displaying correctly on the watch.

They investigating the root cause and why some user will see the weather data, and others will not.

We have seen instances where un-pairing and re-pairing the device may temporarily resolves this issue. This may be a temporary workaround for users that are experiencing this issue why the Connect Mobile team continues to investigate.
  • Thank you for the reply, I've tried unpairing the watch from my phone multiple times, tried turning location services on off and on but still won't work. Calendar and notifications work fine, just no weather : (

We appreciate the discussion on this topic. We have escalated these reports to the Garmin Connect Mobile team regarding the weather data not displaying correctly on the watch.

They investigating the root cause and why some user will see the weather data, and others will not.

We have seen instances where un-pairing and re-pairing the device may temporarily resolves this issue. This may be a temporary workaround for users that are experiencing this issue why the Connect Mobile team continues to investigate.
  • a little more info

Mine worked fine up to roughly a week ago. Hasn't worked since. Had hoped the latest update would have solved this and certainly disappointed that it has not.
    I have to say how such a basic function of the watch could get screwed up and that it takes so long to investigate and fix.
  • Update: Tried the pairing/unpairing thing again. Inexplicably it worked this time. Puzzling, frustrating.
  • here doesn´t work the weather app

waiting for data message
  • I solved this issue.

Got my new Forerunner 230 today and set it up with GC on my iPhone but the Weather App displays waiting for data.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I had experienced same issue and I solved this issue few hours ago.
    The answer is "Restore Defaults " in System. After Trying Restore Defaults twice, finally Weather information was displayed. "Waiting for Data" had gone.