This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 235 - Heart Rate not showing

Hi,

I got my new Forerunner 235 today, the heart rate monitor is set to auto. I have been wesring it for an hour now. The display still shows "No HR". I connected the GPS, the time refreshed and the watch seems to work fine otherwise, but no heart rate at all has been showing. I turned the watch force off and did a factory reset already still no luck.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Tobi
  • Can you get a HR on the widget? Wearing it reasonably snug? Arrow down once. To have a locked HR, the heart icon must stop blinking.

Max
  • Thanks for the help.

No HR on the widget either. The heart keeps on blinking
  • Hmmm, aside from wearing it wrong (which I doubt), it could be a defective unit. Do you see the green lights on the back of the watch after you have entered the HR widget mode? If not, then something is definitely wrong with the unit. If so, then ... ?? You can check your WHR version: Press the Activity button (top-right), then MENU(down arrow)-SETTINGS-SYSTEM-ABOUT. If up-to-date, your WHR should be 2.70. I recall others on here where their WHR version was 0.00. I'll have to find the thread to remember what they did.

Edit: See this post:
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?354824-Optical-HRM-not-working-WHR-version-0-00

Max
  • Hmmm, aside from wearing it wrong (which I doubt), it could be a defective unit.

Or he could have a normal 235:

Last week I ran a 15k and the HR took 10 mins to lock on.
    On Sunday I ran 21k and during the entire run it showed "No HR".
    Today I ran again and the HR locked on quicker than the GPS.

I always wear it at the same tightness too as I have marked the hole in the strap that works best and is just below uncomfortable level.
  • I had the problem that after unpacking I had HR, but after updating to 4.70 the HR wouldn't show.

At first I tried the usual (accoring to the FAQ) cleaning, other arm, etc. but nothing worked.

The lights were not on - which made me think the watch was broken.

But as people in IT will always say "switch it off, wait a moment, switch it back on" - this actually did the trick for me.

Now HR is working continously ... I'm into my 2nd day after restarting the HR monitoring.
  • Thanks Malex69!
    You solved my problem with switching the watch off and on again :)
    I had the same problem (out of the box, the HR was always displaying) and after a while with a new firmware upgrade, the problem (no HR diplayed) began.
    I know it is a software bug and hopefully it will be fixed soon. But now I can solve it temporarily so I have a HR during the running (important for me!) and in my activities to analyse afterwards! ( At the moment I have version 4.70)

Regards and enjoy sport!
    Olivier
  • I had the same experience. Thank you.