This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Syncing incorrect time

The joys of owning Garmin product....

Woke up this morning to my watch being 10mins off. Definitely a sync issue as I manually changed the time and then put it back in auto set mode and it reverted back to wrong time after syncing.

E.G. Watch shows 7:30am - Actual 7:40am

Anyone seeing the same?
  • After owning my FR235 for almost a year, this problem manifested a few days ago. After many syncs, via phone and desktop, my time would not update. Yesterday, went for a run. Didn't notice the watch did not have GPS... It's usually instantaneous with start.  But after a couple of miles, it chimed saying it did NOW have GPS. D'Oh! But after that, the time was right... On the watch and next activity. Had me doing the first activity at 5AM. It was more like 5PM. All's well that ends well. Thank you for this thread! 

• This worked wonders 4 years later, just acquiring GPS signal

• you can also just open your Garmin App on your phone. It will automatically connect to your watch and update the time and date.

• The only way to automatically update the time on the FR235 is via GPS. Phone or PC connection won't do.

• My Garmin Forerunner 235 looses the time every now and then. It's really frustrating. Right now it is off by 4 hours and 10 minutes. And it didn't help that I took an 30 minute run (with GPS sync), the watch still hasn't gotten the right time. Sometimes it could go days before the watch finally switches back to the correct time. This is really terrible... Any ideas on how to fix this?