This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 230 - blank screen!

Hi,
I hope someone can help. I've only had my forerunner 230 for 2 months and I've loved it until now - no problems at all.

Then, this morning, it beeped and the screen went blank - and there's nothing - it just won't come back on. Even though it had a full charge, I have tried plugging it in though the plug and the computer but still nothing. My computer can't find it to sync.. I've looked on here and seen this problem is common with other forerunners and tried their suggestions of holding the power button for 30 seconds but no luck.. really disappointed - can anyone help me please?!
  • Hi,
    I hope someone can help. I've only had my forerunner 230 for 2 months and I've loved it until now - no problems at all.

Then, this morning, it beeped and the screen went blank - and there's nothing - it just won't come back on. Even though it had a full charge, I have tried plugging it in though the plug and the computer but still nothing. My computer can't find it to sync.. I've looked on here and seen this problem is common with other forerunners and tried their suggestions of holding the power button for 30 seconds but no luck.. really disappointed - can anyone help me please?!

It happened to me today too for my 6 month old 230. After trying various usb ports, holding the power button for an eternity and still nothing I just wiggled the clip a bit and then it sprang to life. I note that the charging clip now seems VERY finicky as to exactly how it makes contact with the charging contacts. Almost every time I fiddled with it, it caused the watch to reboot. Not sure what that is all about but I would try fiddling around with the clip. Seemed to work for me at just a weird random moment when I was about to give up! :mad:
  • Oh no... 20 Minutes ago my watch was vibrating and switched the display off. Now I can sync with my iPhone. "start activities" is also there (I pressed the activity-button 3 times and heard the start sound) but the display is still black.

Bad news are that I'am on vacation and in 9th week of my marathon training plan. i don't want more experience with the "choose a new watch scenario" :(
  • Try holding down the upper left sun button 

• Garmin Forerunner 235 blank screen after beep

Follow the instructions mentioned below. Check the image & notes properly.

Below is the note for the same.

Problem: If your Garmin Forerunner 235 goes blank after a long beep, Follow the below action. And this will surely help.

Solution: Keep Pressed these 2 buttons together for 30-60 Seconds. The watch will reboot & the display will be ON. This worked for me

• Thanks Santosh, this worked for me too. 

• Glad, it worked for you :-)

• Just worked for me also - Thank you!

• Thanks a lot, it has worked!!!!

• Thank you Santosh !! This worked and saved me from buying a new watch.