This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2Max not updating on GC even after 4.60FW update

Hi !

The VO2Max level has not updated since the 25th of April on GC. The graph stops at the 25th of April and the "current" level is the one from the 25th of April (50 but on the watch it has gone to 52 since then).

Is this normal ?

Cheers
Jay
  • Firstly, have you gone on a long enough run to get a VO2Max estimate from it since upgrading the firmware to v4.60 on your watch?
  • Hi !

Firstly, have you gone on a long enough run to get a VO2Max estimate from it since upgrading the firmware to v4.60 on your watch?

No, but, as I said here, it was buggy with 4.30 FW. I upgraded and then resynced the watch : the VO2Max (which has changed since the 25th April) did not update.

I'll see next time I go running if it does update.

It is not a big deal really as the VO2Max is only an estimation, but it can be useful to have an idea of one's fitness state and evolution.

Cheers
    Jay
  • No, but, as I said here, it was buggy with 4.30 FW. I upgraded and then resynced the watch : the VO2Max (which has changed since the 25th April) did not update.

I'll see next time I go running if it does update.

I don't think the watch holds a history of past VO2Max data, and it looks like it only syncs a value if a new one is calculated - so the real test is to see if you can get the watch to produce a new number and have that show up in GC. I went running this morning, got a new value, and it did update to GC. There was no prior VO2Max data in GC for me, as I've been using the 230 only for a week, and the first values of VO2Max I got were pre-4.60 FW, so never synced up in GC.

In any case - I got a number to sync from watch to GC post-4.60 update, so it looks like the basics are capable of working. Remains to been seen if there are cases/conditions where the firmware update is not sufficient.

Edit - to be clear, when I say "a new number" above, I mean "a newly calculated number", even if the actual output of the calculation is the same as before. In other words: "I've done a new VO2Max calculation, here's the output, please sync it to GC next time you send results", sort of. Note that (as most of us) I'm just attempting to guess how the software works...
  • Hi !

I don't think the watch holds a history of past VO2Max data, and it looks like it only syncs a value if a new one is calculated - so the real test is to see if you can get the watch to produce a new number and have that show up in GC. I went running this morning, got a new value, and it did update to GC. There was no prior VO2Max data in GC for me, as I've been using the 230 only for a week, and the first values of VO2Max I got were pre-4.60 FW, so never synced up in GC.

In any case - I got a number to sync from watch to GC post-4.60 update, so it looks like the basics are capable of working. Remains to been seen if there are cases/conditions where the firmware update is not sufficient.

Edit - to be clear, when I say "a new number" above, I mean "a newly calculated number", even if the actual output of the calculation is the same as before. In other words: "I've done a new VO2Max calculation, here's the output, please sync it to GC next time you send results", sort of. Note that (as most of us) I'm just attempting to guess how the software works...

No, it doesn't hold a history, but since the 25th of April, there's been a few changes in VO2max estimates, lower or higher and they have not updated, whether I was using 4.20 or 4.30, so the graph stops at the 25th of April. There's no more graph from there, not even just a bar with the last recorded VO2max estimate.

Strangest thing is the following : on the 25th of April, my number was 52, so the graph goes from 50 to 51 and then 52 and stops at 52. Between the 25th and today, it went down to 50 and then back up to 53. The graph stops at 52 but the "current" number is 50. Strange behaviour !

I went running yesterday and the VO2max went up one bar to 53, I'll see tonight when I sync it to GC if it updates or not. Shame the progression is lost.

Cheers.
    Jay
  • Hi !

It updated eventually, but there is indeed a hole between the 25th April and today.

Seems fixed, then :)

Cheers.
    Jay
  • VO2MAX is not synchronizing

Hi my forerunner is still not synchronizing. Since may 2016. I then had 46, now (today) i was running do I have 50. But the GC page does not show the progress.
    Any idea?
    I'm actualy on version 4.60
    Thanks, Bernhard
  • How ? I am still not getting it