This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No resting heart rate (RHR)

Recently I started using my FR235 again every day (and night), primarily in order to monitor my Resting Heart Rate. Today I noticed that instead of a valid value, I got two dashes "--". Also, the RHS history doesn't appear to have an entry for today (Wednesday) which is rather weird.

See the attached pictures. I am running the latest FW 4.20 and latest Hub 2.60. Anyone has had the same issue?

• So I guess you guys think that not capturing RHR for a day is normal behaviour? Meaning somehow the 235 thought I was restless for 24h? ;-)
  • I had this issue yesterday for the first time. The next day it was back to normal. I think it might be related to a RHR reading that was really low for me, 30 bpm. Normally I'm around 40-45.

• I thought about it but most days my RHR is below 40 and as low as 32-33 and the 235 has been recording it just fine ... I wonder if the 2.60 sensor hub messed things up again ...
  • It happened one more time for me. What I notice now is the 'Last 7 Days' widget is showing incorrect. It states an Avg. RHR of 37, but the range of my graph is from 40-50, while not dropping below 40.
  • Mine has done this twice recently. Is on two dashes now. Has anyone found out the reason why?
  • Is there any final answer on this? I am also very rarely seeing HRs (not necessarily RHR) in the low 30s although I can definitely take my own pulse and verify that I am indeed in the 32-34 range. I wonder if Garmin has set a hard low threshold on the HRs that the 235 sensor hub can record.
  • Did anyone find a solution for this? I have the same issue and cannot figure out what it causing it. I don't think it's due to a super low HR reading, because mine usually averages around 50 BPM, sometimes slightly lower. It registers my current HR just fine. Also, none of my HR stats sync into Garmin Connect, unless it's during an activity. I went for a run yesterday, and I could view my HR stats as part of the activity. But it doesn't sync the data for the rest of the day.

• As an owner of a 235, 630, 735 and 935 the best advice I can give you is to just take a deep breath and try not to think about it. Your journey with Garmin will be filled with numerous "little" things/bugs here and there which will test your logic and patience :)
  • since a few weeks I also don't see my RHR anymore in garmin connect. But it's still on my FR235.
    If I fill in my sleeping hours manually, there are no data available and it says that I have to wear my garmin when sleeping.
  • On my FR 235, RHR will show "--" if I switch off activity tracking. After switching it back on (Menu > Settings > Activity Tracking > Status > On) RHR works again.