This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch face and connect IQ content disappear after charging

Each time I charge my FR 235 device, it basically resets and I lose all connect IQ content. I much prefer the watch face that I downloaded, but I'm sick of having to redownload weekly.

Anyone else dealing with this glitch?
  • Anyone else dealing with this glitch?
    No, although if I leave the watch to charge – from a computer's USB port, as opposed to a charger – until the battery level reaches 100% and then some, for some reason the watch face often (but not always) automatically gets switched to Step Light (which happens to be first on the list, in no apparent order, of the Connect IQ watch faces I've installed on the watch) from SC8 or Countdown! which I normally use. However, I don't need to download them again, but can just manually switch back to either of those in Clock Options.
  • After charge/sync.
    Check GC says all is installed

Not seing watchface?

Turn watch off...turn watch on.
    Are they there now?
  • No, although if I leave the watch to charge – from a computer's USB port, as opposed to a charger – until the battery level reaches 100% and then some, for some reason the watch face often (but not always) automatically gets switched to Step Light (which happens to be first on the list, in no apparent order, of the Connect IQ watch faces I've installed on the watch) from SC8 or Countdown! which I normally use. However, I don't need to download them again, but can just manually switch back to either of those in Clock Options.

I'm also seeing exactly this.
    Not the end of the world, but getting a little frustrated with Garmin now.
    We waited months for an update that didn't include most of the fixes people wanted, and just introduced even more bugs, most of which could have been ironed out with basic testing.
  • It may have something to do with charging on a computer without Garmin software. I tend to charge on my work laptop and it loses all data and all Connect IQ content 100% of the time.
  • I thought it might be exactly the opposite of this. You charge on the computer with GE on and it actually sync and so updates the apps in some way. I agree it's annoying but it's very easy to switch back to your favourite watch face. I guess for a fix just delete all the watch faces you don't use and the one left will be used.

CW
  • I have experienced this problem on my Vivoactive 3 since the last software update was applied. The problem is with all added watch faces, whether Garmin or third party.  Default watch faces are fine. Really Garmin, get your OS configuration and change control management processes together if the same issue crops up repeatedly with multiple devices over multiple years.

• This is exactly the issue I'm having. Garmin! What's the solution?

• It's nice to see that Garmin hasn't showed to give us a solution. I've been having the same problem and I find it to be very annoying.

• if i turn off battery saver this all returns for me.... seems like a feature, not a bug, but not great docs about it