This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin showing incorrect time

Former Member
Former Member
I noticed that my Garmin is behind by about 10 hours, but am not tech savvy, and have no idea how i can fix/update the time.

Anyone else having this issue, or know how I can get the time correct?
  • Anyone else having this issue, or know how I can get the time correct?

Time is set with GPS - start something like a run activity when you're outside, and wait for a GPS fix (you can then exit the activity)
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I had the same problem, even after several GPS enabled runs the time still wasn't correct. I just set the time manually and moved on…
  • Former Member
    THANK YOU!!!
    problem solved :D
  • I have the same problem, and connecting to GPS is not helping. I tried to set the time manually, but then me sleep time is all wrong. It seems sleep time is based on the time that would be the automatic time. Any suggestions?
  • If getting a GPS signal isn't helping then you've most likely turned off the "Set Automatically" within the Settings>>System>>Clock
    It's on by default which is why people don't mention it in their suggestion, they don't figure it's been turned off.
    Turn it back on and try again.
    For good measure, power cycle the watch first.

If that still doesn't work your best bet is get on the phone with Garmin Support so someone can walk you through the settings to fix whatever's been changed that's preventing it from working or get your watch replaced if defective.
  • Former Member
    I have the same problem, and connecting to GPS is not helping. I tried to set the time manually, but then me sleep time is all wrong. It seems sleep time is based on the time that would be the automatic time. Any suggestions?

After setting the time manually I re-saved my sleep times and alarms to be safe, maybe that will help?
  • After trying all of the above, mine still would switch back to an earlier time and sometimes even yesterday's date. I called tech support and I 'm sending my back for a new one. :(
  • I'm still having this issue in 2021 (using a 235)... starting a run, syncing with my iPhone, nothing works. Set time manually and it goes back... but it's not a timezone issue as it says April 8, 12:48pm... and it's March 31, 4pm... not only that iPhone data syncs, but on web only weight and goals sync... steps calories are "--"

I did find a solution... if you care about your time, frustration levels and quality buy an Apple Watch... and a iPhone if you're not in the ecosystem.I develop health wearables and wearable software and can say with 99.9% certainty that the Garmin developers and UX designers are at best 2nd tier, or low cost, low quality offshore resources.