This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dim/Hard to read Display on Forerunner 235

Hi everyone. Does anyone else have issues with the display on their Forerunner 235 being "dim"? I'm not talking about the backlight, but the actual image being difficult to read. I've just had mine for a day, and can't go to a store to compare (since none around me carry it yet). Compared to the pictures, and the Forerunner 225, which have bright and easy to read displays, mine isn't that way at all. For instance, the bright whites on the time or heart monitor screens, are more of a gray/silver. Even the colors on the screens are muted.

I have to tilt the watch back and forth some times to make out the readings. Using the backlight helps a little, but I shouldn't have to use it as often as I do in the middle of the day. It just seems that I'm struggling too much to decipher what's on the watch.

Is this common? I couldn't find any other complaints in the forums.

Thanks. Steve.
  • Personally I wish they had a global setting to reverse all the screens to a light background with black text. Whoever came up with the current black backgrounds haven't one single clue in regards to what is most visible and easiest for those with a few years behind them to read. BTW, on an LCD display a black background doesn't "save" any energy at all, in fact it may actually consume a tiny bit more energy and having to rely on the backlight uses a LOT more energy.
  • I did a direct comparison of mine and another 235 and mine was much dimmer.
  • I would happily sacrifice a days worth of juice to actually see the display better. Good grief. 

• Hi Steve, if you haven't already download the Garmin IQ app.  Then open the Garmin IQ app and select a watch face from there.  There are many to try.  For a nice, well lit face, I like the "Simple Time Zone" watch face.