This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I wear RD Pod on a chest strap?

I have a Running Dynamics Pod, which has been working well, and I clip it to the back of my shorts as instructed.

I just got an HRM-Dual chest strap, and want to try to minimize accessory overload (or losing bits and pieces around the house). Has anyone tried just clipping the RD Pod to the back of the chest strap? If that works, then I can just keep them together semi-permanently. Does the running dynamics data suffer if it's mounted higher up than your waist?

• According to garmin it won't work correctly when placed anywhere else than the back of your shorts. But honestly, I do not know what kind of information you want to get from the pod and what use for it you find, so it might just not make any difference if it shows other numbers than usual. Why don't you just try?

• I'm mainly just curious, and a little salty that I started piecemeal instead of just getting an HRM-Run that'll do everything :)

I did take it out for a run strapped to the back of my chest strap. Everything seemed to be exactly identical, save Ground contact time (on the shorts I always get 264-265ms, on the strap it's quite a different 201ms). I'll try tightening the strap a bit and see if it makes a difference. 

I don't do anything with the running dynamics, honestly. They're interesting to see as stats but I have no idea what actionable steps I should be taking.

• Yes you are saying right, I had it from aesthetic store. Use it properly as you said otherwise some sensor will not work proper.

• Yes, they both function with Garmin's running power data fields and deliver the same information. They were released for different watches and some outfits from lil peep store, which was the reason behind this. HRM-Run was the first to market, and it was released before Garmin included an HR sensor in their watches. The RD Pod was released later so that people who didn't want to wear a heart rate strap may use the watch sensor and RD Pod instead.

• The Running Dynamics Pod easily clips onto your waistband to measure the running dynamics you need to beat yesterday. It gives you the option to run without a heart rate monitor chest strap.

firstcallonline