Tacx Training App Windows Ant+

Hey!

Is it possible to connect my Vortex Smart within the training app on windows 10 with just ant+ to control the resistance? Cause atm i can't see my trainer on the devices tab... 

It only works with bluetooth? It works with all the other apps like zwift etc with ant+... Do i need bluetooth usb stick to get this to work in the windows 10 app?

https://imgur.com/a/3g1jm1P

• Yes as the Training App needs to be connected over bluetooth

• The Tacx Desktop App available from the Microsoft Store can only be installed on Windows PCs (and possibly Xbox), and will only connect to Smart Trainers via Bluetooth. The latest version of the Tacx Desktop App should also be able to connect to 3rd party sensors such as cadence and heart rate via ANT+. Alternately, the Tacx Training App can only be installed either Android or IoS devices and can use either ANT+ or Bluetooth connections for both trainer and 3rd party sensors, although IOS devices typically use Bluetooth as these devices do have native ANT+ support.

• Having a similar issue. Following a one time connection issue that my TrainerRoad was having with Ant+ connection to my Vortex Smart, Trainerroad said that if I had Garmin Express running in background then it can snatch the trainer, causing connection issues. Once I quit Express first, both Trainerroad and Zwift issues went away.

I used TDA yesterday after a long time off and noticed a couple of additional issues. First Ant+ devices appeared in the device manager. I made sure Garmin  Express was not running but still my Ant+ Garmin Cadence  sensor did not show in the device manager. I then went into traineroad and selected to FORGET all the Ant+ devices. Basically no devices should have been connected to anything other than TDA. Now, the HRS appeared and everything looked great, Vortex smart trainer, Garmin Cadence sensor and HRS all on Ant+.

After about a half hour of riding a TDA video I see a message saying lost connection with trainer only. Peddled and it went away, few minutes again and it reappeared, this pattern continued on until I gave up all together.

I want to run Ant+ as it leaves BLT for music etc. Any assurance on this is extremely welcome