Tacx Neo went dead - contacted Garmin - no reply in 10 days

Hi all & Garmin Support,

First of all I am a user of Garmin products for a long time (Garmin Touring, Garmin Edge 830,  Vector3 amongst others).

My Tacx Neo is not working anymore. I have wrote 10 days ago to [email protected] and I have not yet received an answer.

I also sent 2 more updates via e-mail to [email protected] with my findings and included pictures and a video. It seems that the unit is not responding anymore, the pedalling is what I would describe as very "choppy" and the power is all over the place during workouts. 

When the problem happened (as I have attached the TrainerRoad workout) I was doing an interval at about 200-220W, so no high power. Then all of a sudden it started to increase a lot the resistance then drop it then increasing it again and so on.

When connected to the electrical socket all the LEDS of the trainer blink intermittently as well as the power adapter blue led and a sound "click-click" can be heard coming from the Neo. The typical faint "buzz" electrical sound is now gone.The power adapter outputs the 48V as I have tested it using a voltmeter (attached picture). I also made a video but I guess it is too big to attach it here, though I will try. I am almost certain that the electronics in the trainer are damaged. I am running the latest firmware version on the Neo (checked via the Tacx Utility app). Moreover the app does not report any overheating issues.

I am waiting for a feedback now for 10 days and nothing, therefore I am without the possibility to use the trainer and this severely impacts my training. I hope by this post here things will move faster. I am based in Germany and I contacted both chats (international as well as German) and I have been told like a week ago that I will be contacted within 1-2 days and nothing... The chat is now not available, saying all Garmin support technicians are busy... 

• I have got a similar problem .Several questions have not been answered bij the Dutch Garmin support centre for several weeks.As far as I can judge , I need a new housing for my Neo 1.It is very annoying that  even a question where and how to buy this housing is completely ignored.Is this the result of Tacx being bought by Garmin ?Does anyone have a suggestion on how to buy such a housing S280006?

Thanks in advance!

ABC cyclist

• An update on my side:

I have been contacted by Garmin and sent the full Neo unit(wo accessories) in. It seems the resistance unit needs to be replaced. I will post again once I receive the unit back.

Thanks Garmin for answering in the end and offering to exchange the resistance unit. I hope the service will be flawless and that this time the unit will work for longer.

Regards,

George.