How happy are you with your Tacx NEO Bike Smart?

I'm really interested in the bike, wanting a full featured trainer that I can use with Xert and Trainerroad with Erg mode. I've been using a Peloton with Assioma Duo pedals, an Edge 530 and an iPad to make do until the NEO bike was back in stock

Now that Clever Training has them again, I was on the checkout page when I thought I'd check the forums and DCR review comments and was scared off. However as a happy Fenix 6 Titanium owner I know that the forums are full of complaints and that the folks who are happy tend to be a quiet lot.

So, I'm curious, especially about how y'all with a recently produced unit feel about the bike.

Cheers! 

• I absolutely love my Tacx Neo trainer. I have previously used normal turbo trainers ( die of boredom after 15 minutes), various spin bikes / classes... OK to a point, but nothing like normal cycling, plus a Wattbike Pro, which I found difficult to use / store / recover any useful data from.

I use the Neo with the Tacx App using both the films and the Strava download capabilities.

You can arrange rides with friends who use the SW (ie let's ride the Gascony Lavardens ride tomorrow at 10:00) and ride with/against each other. Alternatively join a ride with many people on it and make it competitive with people you don't know. You can see their power-weight ratios etc so can assess whether you can catch them on climbs.

It's the only compelling way to train I've ever found.

I did briefly try Zwift but didn't enjoy the 'arcade game' format it presents.

A friend was so impressed by my Neo , but wished to spend less, that he bought a Flux. He now wishes he had bought the Neo for it's freewheel capabilities plus it's capability to simulate greater gradients. The cobble / gravel effects are fun on the Neo, but in reality not of any great benefit.

• Interested as well, As I really want a dedicated bike for Zwift instead of the Tacx Flow I have now. 

I joined the Neo Bike Facebook group (750+ members) to see what’s the common questions etc,  and I’ve got to be honest it wasn’t all roses. 

Lots of complaints about belt slip, firmware issues and general drop outs.

Seems Garmin are really good at offering support for them which is great , but that just means they are swapping out units not actually fixing the issues. €2600 is a lot of money on something that isn’t even on FW 1.0 - so at this point I’m going to play the waiting game

• I have more than 2000km on my NEO BIKE, bought in May 2020. All god, no complains. Highly recommend. The only complain is with the TACX/GARMIN software developpers for not allowing to adjust the shifters for SRAM style.

• Not happy. 

I think tacx neo bike is death. Have ordered mine in Januar 2020 and now I have to look another way. No news. No Infos. Absolutely No response from Garmin = death product

• Sometimes i am happy with it , but sometimes he is sounds like a concrete mixer ( the noise from the crank !? 
    hope Garmin is reading this also !?

• loving it having enjoyed so much pain already 

• Hi Philippe

Like you, we were desperate to get a Neo bike but sold out everywhere. Annoyingly, the Garmin site kept directing us to various shops, some in our city, some a hundred miles away. Not only did these shops never have the bike in stock, but most would never stock such an item (static exercise bike).

Eventually, after 5 months, a large on line firm in England (Wiggle) came through and had it three weeks now

• The replies seem to be pretty reassuring. Having said that I would like to know if anyone has experienced thigh rub on the seat post. I have seen this mentioned on a few reviews

• No issues here, but I'm a skinny whippet.

However, one reason we chose this bike over two others (can't recall now) was the latter having a very wide crossbar - comments from professional reviewers made us avoid