This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Foot Pods for Vivosport

I am running indoors more often, and there frequently is a huge discrepancy between my Vivosport's measured indoor mileage vs my treadmill's mileage. The easiest solution here seems to be a foot pod, but I can't find any clear answers about whether or not the Vivosport is compatible with any foot pods, be they Garmin or third party.

What footpod devices can I connect with my Vivosport to help measure my indoor running more accurately? 

• I am running indoors more often, and there frequently is a huge discrepancy between my Vivosport's measured indoor mileage vs my treadmill's mileage. The easiest solution here seems to be a foot pod, but I can't find any clear answers about whether or not the Vivosport is compatible with any foot pods, be they Garmin or third party.

What footpod devices can I connect with my Vivosport to help measure my indoor running more accurately? 

Hello! The Vivosport is not compatible and cannot pair with any additional sensors. However, here is an article to help improve distance tracking on indoor activities: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=gBzjv7LHx89pyJMnVtc85A

• Does the Vivosport have the ability to calibrate distance? I've searched my manual and can't find any of the information that article references.

• Does the Vivosport have the ability to calibrate distance? I've searched my manual and can't find any of the information that article references.

Manual calibration of distance on treadmill activities is not supported on this model. However, as stated in the FAQ above, if the distance recorded during indoor runs or walks is not accurate, you can calibrate the indoor profiles by recording outdoor runs and walks with GPS. 

• So there is no option to "Save & Calibrate" like the article says? The solution is simply to use GPS outdoors? That's disappointing, 90% of my running is outdoors and the indoor sessions are still hugely inaccurate.